Monday 9 January 2017

Summative Evaluation

Having a calendar to keep track of self initiated deadlines and print/photography appointments has been highly beneficial to this module. Having a more informed time management plan meant that the overall workflow of completing the module was continuous, with appropriate breaks made as well as ensuring that work for other modules attained the same focus.
In particular, this method of time management meant that there was sufficient time to overcome print problems that occurred in Studio Brief 01 and meant that the final design was printed to the highest quality. These problems were mostly with learning the inaccuracies that the printer makes and how to manage these after the document has been printed. These are skills that I will now be able to transfer to future projects to ensure that my time is used efficiently. 

An aspect that I have felt has benefited my practice the most out of this module is attending crits with the current work that I had produced at the time. Whether that be sketches or digital mock-ups, this meant that I was able to receive constructive feedback and reassurance on the designs.
With both briefs most of these comments came from members of the target audience. This demonstrated and benefited my practice even further as it ensured that the creative being produced was suitable and appropriate to the target audience and therefore being successful if produced commercially. Another benefit of attending these sessions was the skills and knowledge gained from my peers. In a number of occasions I received guidance of research areas to look at which led to being a big influence on the designs. Not only has this shown me the importance of another individuals when producing work but it has also shown me the importance of conducting an extensive range of research to inform my practice.  


This module has also expanded my practice to considering how producing a solution using the college facilities is different to if the solution were to be produced commercially. For example, the website produced for Studio Brief 02 would require the employment of a coder as well as having access to the brand guidelines. Coding is a skill that I have begun to develop from completing this module however my practice is not efficient enough to code the full website.

One of the main skills that I have learnt through completing this brief is the use of Adobe After Effects. This is a programme that I had no previous knowledge of before completing Studio Brief 02 and found the workshop sessions highly important. From these sessions I was able to identify areas that I needed more practise on, as well as skills that I learnt through experimenting with the programme and watching tutorial videos. These are skills that I will be able to apply to future projects to demonstrate the workings of a design.



No comments:

Post a Comment