Monday 11 April 2016

Test Print

Being back at university meant that I was finally able to test print the book. This is important as it will highlight any areas that need adjusting before I have it printed in digital print. Test printing will also allow me to practise the technique of perfect binding. 

For the first test print I selected A3 double sided. This meant that I would have a true representation of what the book like when printed, apart from the change in stock. From reading through the book myself I felt as though there needed to be more continuation from left to right with the illustrations as well as editing some of the images. This was agreed upon by those who gave me feedback, as well as suggestions to experiment with coloured stock and to ensure that the text is centred. These are comments that I am going to take on board and make adjustments with before completing the final print. After making these adjustments I then looked into perfect binding more. From the information I gathered I reprinted the book to practise the style of perfect binding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment