Wednesday 27 April 2016

Screen Print - Round 3

 After realising the spelling error in the print I decided to reprint the design. I experimented on the 'red' stock to see whether the design worked better with a bright or dark background. As the silver ink had previously been visually effective I chose to stick with this for the third print attempt. 
Although the 'red' colour would stand out in the exhibition, against the white wall and the other designs, the silver was less effective on this coloured stock. There was also another issue with my screen therefore the prints weren't 100% successful. Through the help of the technicians in the print room I was able to solve this (to a certain extent) so that the final print would show through more than on what happened to the ink on the red. 




After removing the ink from the screen and washing it thoroughly to remove any ink that was blocking the screen I then printed again. Before using my final piece of the Anthracite stock I praciced printing on an A3 piece of black card. This meant that I was able to see whether the ink was coming through onto the paper. As the prints were becoming more and more successful I decided to print on the chosen paper for my design. This decision was informed by the second screen prints that I produced. From this I was able to use my own opinion and that of others to determine which stock was the most appropriate for the design. 


The above image is the final printed design for my bank note. The bottom right 5 is not as clean as I would have liked and I was going to touch this up with a paintbrush, however my ink was snapped up in the print room therefore I could not do this. Something that I will learn from in the future is to ensure that I have a sufficient amount of paper stock in case I need to reprint multiple times. This has been something that has happened numerous times within this brief and is something that I have now learnt from and will be able to apply to future briefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment