Friday 22 April 2016

Feedback

For this feedback session I wrote out three questions to structure the responses that I would be receiving. This also means that I can gather the relevant comments to progress with the designs and to determine whether it is fitting to the brief that I wrote.

1. Can you suggest an alternative method to produce the type? (I thought about using a pen in the vinyl cutter to produce a clean line)

- For the tone of the work and the personal aspect a handwritten look could be really strong

- Letterpress is traditional + personal so would work with the tone of voice and purpose

- I think that the illustration/calligraphy approach is suitable to the tone of voice and purpose, although you may want to scan them in and print digitally for a high quality finish

- some masculine designs would be nice, for girls and boys

- I really like the hand written aspect of postcards and this could really help with homesickness 

I am going to look into alternative methods to produce the type. This will depend on the facilities that are available in the week that I have left to produce the designs. Digital print would be appropriate and produce a high quality design however I would like to use more traditional print methods as this is an area that I would like to better my practice in. 


2. Would you have sent a postcard/did you in your first semester at uni?

- I haven't but I think that it is a really useful idea and a more artistic and personal response to communicating 

- I like the idea of a postcard but feel you could consider the audience and how current postcards are, I sent a letter to my sister

- I did not but if I were given a nicely designed one I definitely would have

- The design is very gender specific so I would not send the design you have firstly come up with but if this were adjusted to suit a more male audience I would 

This gives me confidence that the resolution will be appropriate and used by the audience. The aim of the brief is to make the transition easier therefore if the postcards helps with this then I have fulfilled my aim!


3. Does the postcard resolution fulfil the brief I wrote?

- I think looking into the idea of being advisory and more specific to students

- Don't feel that the postcards are advisory or 'gain advice' however I like the design and think you could easily adapt them to suit this area of the brief

- It may be worth expanding the idea to get postcards from rather than to parents and friends to get advice, recipes, etc

- Look at making the quotes more university related

Taking into consideration the responses to this question I am going to note down some ideas to how I can make the postcards more advisory or to be used in a way to gain advice or information. This will make the resolution more suiting to the brief and fulfil the purpose. 


4. Are there any other of the sketched designs you think would be appropriate?

-  Look at Antony Burrell

- I like the geometric shape postcard designs as well as the three light lines. repeating the design is eye catching and may be more appealing to for the male audience 

- You could do some research into Mr. Bingos theoretical project and how successful that has been 

From the responses I am going to do some more research into different styles that I could use for the postcard, not forgetting that I need to 'use a process that you will enjoy'. This will hopefully lead me to a design that would appeal to both male and female or to having two separate designs as I do not want the response to this brief to be gender specific. 

No comments:

Post a Comment