Tuesday 27 October 2015

Colour Relativity

The colour I dislike the most is yellow. Although I think that it has happy connotations, I feel that the colour is restricting in design and there are limited colours that it works with. From researching the colour I have explored the colours that work with the #fedd00. 






From this I have organised a number of colour swatches that I think work alongside #fedd00 and that would be appropriate on the cover of a simple children's book. 

                                                    

I originally looked at Pantone colour swatches to experiment with what colours work with the yellow. This allowed me to see the colours in person and the effect that the light had on the paper. 
I think that each of the colours I chose would work well on the cover of a children's book. This is because they are subtle colours that are not too overpowering therefore work successfully with the vibrant yellow. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment