Friday 16 October 2015

Feedback _YSP Logo

Below are the feedback comments I received after presenting the process I went through to reach my final design for the Yorkshire Sculpture Park logo. This feedback has highlighted areas that worked well, alternative routes that could have been taken (which I can apply to another brief) and also how important it is to see the final design in the media that it will be shown in.


- Thought as an outsider (not just a designer) 
- Thinking about what it would be like when you actually visit (relates to building and angles of park)
- Good development working using past decisions
- Research brought into design
- Good range of ideas
- Block shape designs were good as they stood out at small and large scale
- Concidrered a number of routes in the time available 
- Using the landscape to create logo is a good idea
- Good understanding that some designs work and some don't, with reasons    why
- Good critique of own work - viewing from a non-designer opinion
- Genuine interest in the company shown
- Excellent to use and appreciate versatile logo design

These comments reassure me that I designed an appropriate logo for the Yorkshire Sculpture Park that fulfils my aim of having a versatile design. If I were to complete a similar project I would like to experiment further with each of the different directions that I might take, rather than just developing the final design. I think that this is important as an interesting direction may come of a design that starts off as being something that I am not that confident in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment