Monday 19 October 2015

4. Feedback

Before attending the crit group I printed out design sheets so that when I was talking through my design process with this project, the rest of the group could write their opinions on which font and colour they thought was the most appropriate for the brand. 
Some of the feedback I received was:
- Lots of variations of typefaces to develop logotype further
- Great understanding of brand - wanting to be appropriate for all age ranges
- Good focus of target audience
- Green colour reminds me of specsavers, prefer darker blue/black/grey
- Look at younger target audience
- Range of typefaces and colours explored with reasons
 
The most popular font was Optima. The overall decision was that a serif font dates the company and doesn't represent the companies more modern approach to branding. However, I may come back to the serif font when exploring a vintage style, similar to some of the research I have collected. 
From receiving this feedback, I am going to narrow down the font styles that I experiment with so that I can continue with a number of direct routes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment