Friday 23 October 2015

8. Summative Feedback






Aim: With this rebrand I wanted to have a design that fitted the brands upkeep in the modern fashion market, as well as having an appropriate design for the large target audience. 


Q: Do you think that I have achieved this? Why?

A: - The typeface makes the design look classy therefore would apply to your target audience
- Yes. However, it looks a bit more upmarket. To give it a more friendlier feel and appearance for the audience you want to target I would experiment with colour more. I like the chosen font.
- Seems very formal and may only appear to an older market rather than the younger ages as well.

R: The products sold at Clarks are of a higher end therefore from these comments I feel I have successfully created a design that puts this message across. 



Q: Do you think the typeface is appropriate for the target audience? Why?

A: - I think that the typeface has been well thought out and consideration of the target audience is evident. The letter spacing is clear, readable and appropriate
- Classy clean look that works for all audiences. Modern and approachable 

R: I wanted the design to be open and not limiting to one specific audience. These comments lead me to believe that I have been successful in this.



Q: Do you think that the colour is appropriate to the target audience and fitting to the high street?

A: - Approachable with no garnish colours, keeping the design clean and welcoming
- It encourages me to enter the shop and browse more than the original logo

R: I wasn't sure whether the colour choice would make the company appear too dull and boring. Receiving the first comment makes me feel more confident in the decision that I made and that is was the suitable colour choice. The second comment fulfils my aim of attracting the target audience to shop at Clarks.



Q: Do you think that the design is versatile? Why?

A: - I think that the lightness of the design would make it easy to apply to different products/applications in various scales
- It's not as versatile in terms of shape as the original, as the customer won't recognise the brand as easily.

R: I wanted the design to be readable and successful in any size as this was an issue I highlighted in the original design.
I don't agree with the second comment in terms of the name hasn't changed therefore there is still that element of familiarity. However, the original logo was handwritten and difficult to read whereas the new design is clear and spaced out therefore this may be the direction that the comment was taking. This is a personal opinion.



Q: Do you think that the design is appropriate for the brand? Why?

A: - Works well in practise, asthmatically please and eye catching
- It reflects timeless style
- Yes, it reflects the formality and quality of the products

R: Clarks is a high end shop therefore through the comments it has been clear that I have been successful in demonstrating this through the design of the logotype. Having a timeless style is something that I learnt about reading Vignelli Cannon and is something that I wanted to achieve with the rebrand. I think that this is important because a brand like Clarks that has history should maintain their status in the market. 



Q: Do you think that this is the most successful design? Why?

A: - I prefer the 'J. Clark' as a rebrand
- I think it is successful, simple and clear

R: After receiving this feedback and reading through the comments made. I have noted that many of the comments have not been expanded to explain why, even though it does ask in the question. To overcome this issue in the future I will word the questions differently to ask directly, for example, 'Why do you think this is the most successful design?'









No comments:

Post a Comment