Monday 2 November 2015

Setting Type

I chose to re-typeset the content of the Dominos menu, particularly looking at the 'Tasty Chicken' section. Some of the important things I am going to consider are;
Legibility - The quality of being clear enough to read
Readability - The ease with which a reader can understand a written text
Type size and contrast - Keeping the different sizes of text to a minimum
Alignment - Rag
Orphans - A single word that appears at the bringing of a column or a page
Widows - One word or the end of a hyphenated word at the end of a paragraph 


I have highlighted the areas in the above image that are examples of poor typesetting. The alignment of the text makes it difficult to follow the menu due to the rag of the text. This is something that I want to overcome so that the menu is more user friendly and legible. 


I kept the layout of the original menu and adjusted the positioning of the pricing so that it is clearer to distinguish how much each product is. I also made sure there were no orphans/widows by widening the section so that it is clearer for the audience to understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment