Tuesday 2 February 2016

Setting Type

// Postmodernism

- Breaking the rules

- Legibility

- Expressionism

- Concrete Poetry

Eg:









// Modernist - International Typographic Style

- Grids, Margins & Columns

- Typefaces

- Type Alignment

- Type Size & Relationship


- Orphans, widows & rivers

Eg:

"Mine is a long and a sad tale!" said the Mouse, turning to Alice, and sighing. "It is a long tail, certainly," said Alice, looking down with wonder at the Mouse's tail; "but why do you call it sad?" And she kept on puzzling about it while the Mouse was speaking, so that her idea of the tale was something like this:—
Fury said to a mouse, That he met in the house, “Let us both go to law: I will prosecute you.” Come, I'll take no denial, We must have a trial, For really this morning I've nothing to do. Said the mouse to the cur, “Such a trial, dear sir, With no jury or judge, would be wasting our breath.”
“I’ll try the whole cause, and condemn you to death."
“I’ll be judge, I'll be jury”
Said cunning old Fury;

No comments:

Post a Comment