Friday 5 February 2016

Research

As I have already started with the illustrations for the book, I wanted to complete some focused research on the layout so that the illustrations would be suitable and work with the layout. 




Something that I would like to take from the above book is overlapping the illustrations over the full double page. This is something that may not work with the illustrations however I would like to experiment with as it improves the readability of the book and improves the flow. This is important when considering the audience of children aged 3-5 as they will be following the story with an adult. 




This book follows a similar layout to the previous story. An aspect that I would like to take from this design is having more than one illustration on the double page. For example, having one illustration on the majority of one page at a large scale and then a smaller illustration working with the text.





As I had covered the layout with the previous images of research, for the third book that I looked at I focused on the pages at the front and back of the book. This has been an area that I have been unsure on for the content therefore has cleared up my concerns and has meant that I have been able to produce a page layout plan for the completed book.

No comments:

Post a Comment