Sunday 7 February 2016

Ideas Feedback

First sketches - without listening to song



These are the first quick sketches that I completed after seeing the song title. I want to have two different approaches to completing this brief. The first being a number of designs that are typically unrelated to the song lyrics or the bigger story of the song. This will hopefully still produce an outcome that is engaging with the audience however will not be the obvious response. Once I have exhausted this route I will then complete more research into the lyrics of the song and the band so that a more meaningful design can be produced. From the two separate routes I will then decide through feedback comments and personal opinion which has been the most successful and therefore a contender for the competition. 

From today's feedback discussion I have been able to discuss my brief idea sketches as well as gain more ideas on different directions to take the designs on. 

One of the popular ideas was the floral print with the diamond shape through the middle of the design. We discussed numerous ways that this idea could be produced, physically and digitally. From this I would like to experiment with marble inks to produce a physical piece, incorporating more of the marble effect design. However, as I have been unable to source a vinyl sleeve, I am going to experiment with producing the design and then photographing the outcome so that it can be a digital submission. I would also like to try and produce my own vinyl sleeve so that the outcome can be seen before print. It was also discussed that having the shape as a cut out over the paper when printing the design and then removing after print to produce the blank space would be an appropriate way to produce the effect. Another way in which I would like to experiment with this design is through the screen printing process. This would require a build up of layers and would expand my traditional print experience which is something that I would like to take from completing this brief. 



I would like to experiment with each of these designs to see where they take me. From the research that I have already carried out I am particularly interested in experimenting with the more traditional style of print. Therefore I am going to attempt to produce the designs using mono printing, marble inks, screen printing. as I was unable to source an album sleeve I will also be using photography as well as digital print for the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment