Wednesday 10 February 2016

Book Binding

As I have previously not bound a book before this was a new experience for me. We learnt how to bind using three different methods, the concertina book, pamphlet binding and Japanese binding. (These are names that I have taken from a student book binding website that I have since read through to expand and better my knowledge of binding http://www.studentbookbinding.co.uk/blog/types-of-binding). The pamphlet binding and japanese binding are methods that I will consider using in studio brief 02. The type of binding that I will use will be informed by the research that I am continuing to complete by looking at various children's books. 







I took the above photographs in the Photography Lighting Induction. This session showed me how the use of simple lighting and composition can give a high quality finish to a piece when product photography is required. I hope to be able to transfer these skills to other briefs as well as when it comes to the final designs for this module. 

No comments:

Post a Comment