Monday 8 February 2016

1. Orange

To start off experimenting with my ideas I chose the orange design to begin working with as it is something that will be quick to produce and I can then adjust and work with in photoshop to produce a number of outcomes. 

Production:
Using what I had around me, I painted an orange in 'Phthalo Blue Red Shade' and printed it on GF Smith colour plan bright white paper. This added texture to the print which enhanced the transfer of paint. 

Experiments:
As I have no clear direction for the final outcome of the cover, I took techniques that I had highlighted in the artist research to experiment with the design.

Peter Saville inspired, having one focus in the centre




Samuel Johnson inspired, having a repetitive design










Samuel Johnson inspired, framing the centre






Mock up:






So that I don't get caught up in one design idea, I have decided to exhaust the experimentation process of one idea for one day and then move on to the next idea. I will continue this process for a week and then evaluate the designs that I have come up with. From this I hope to be able to bring the design to something that is appropriate and creative for the competition. Sticking to this process will ensure that I don't get stuck on one idea and will hopefully allow me to experiment with more than one artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment