Saturday 5 March 2016

Festival Research

The design that I feel will allow me to be the most creative is designing money for a festival. This will not limit me to one production method as a festival is a creative celebration therefore I hope to be able to incorporate creative methods such as traditional printing techniques.  

It was mentioned in the crit group that the Burning Man festival is not involved in the exchange of money, but instead the festival 'is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.' However this can only be taken to a certain extent and money is still needed to buy refreshments and food. On the other hand, the excitement of gift giving and the concept around it is something that I would like to bring into the money design.

Festival themes for 2016:

Glastonbury - Space 




V Festical - 21st Birthday


T in the Park 



No comments:

Post a Comment