Thursday 7 January 2016

Research and Sketches

To begin the design process I gathered research on information leaflets based around the subject of my video. This will provide me with information as well demonstrating the design layouts, colour schemes and tone of voices for similar publications.







Sketches:





After talking through my ideas in the crit group I have decided to continue with the envelope to flat design idea. As I have previously experimented with this style in a studio I know how the paper folds as well as the appropriate size that works. Having a design that also works as an envelope is a way to reduce print costs. However, the stock will have to be an appropriate thickness so that there is little damage when posting. 

Content: 
As well as adding the information on what to expect when approaching a horse and rider on the road, the rules to follow and what to be aware of, I would also like to incorporate a infographic into the publication. This would visually communicate statistics over a yearly period.

Statistics:

- How many horse riders were injured in 2014 - 104
- How many horses were injured in 2014 - 26
- How many horse riders were killed in 2014 - 10
- How many cars were damaged - 70


Contacts:

http://www.bhs.org.uk/safety-and-accidents/horse-accidents

http://think.direct.gov.uk/horses.html



Infographic Research:






Infographic Sketches:







No comments:

Post a Comment