Tuesday 12 January 2016

Ideas - What Is A Book?

Brief: A book containing a set, series or sequence of 10 double page layouts that effectively communicate your chosen content.

To start this brief I wrote down a number of ideas for the content of the 10 double page spreads. 



After discussions with my peers and tutors, I decided that I would produce this publication in the form of a children's book, telling the 'Daily Life of a Boarder Terrier'. This decision came from the fact that I have not been able to bring in my illustrative style into the previous briefs and from my English Language A-Level, I have a lot of background knowledge on how children learn to read therefore would like to apply this knowledge to the brief. Designing the publication to be in this genre allows me to produce imagery for the story as well as not getting too caught up in the quantity of text.


To begin my research I have looked at a number of different children's books that have a mix of illustration and text. The layout of the text is important as it is what guides the audience through the book, making them want to continue on to the next page. The book will be aimed at children aged 4-5. I chose this age group as they will not yet be confident readers therefore will be mainly interested in the imagery which is what I would like the main focus of the book on. However the minimalist text will still be present to guide the reader (the parent reading to the child) as well as to encourage the child to join in with reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment