Wednesday 13 January 2016

Front Cover Experimentation

Once I had gathered the content for the book and completed the illustration, I then began to think of the front cover of the book. From researching colour books, something that I highlighted was the strong use of repeated colour in the design. 



The above designs are books that stood out to me through the bold placement of colour that takes the focus of the design. The text is used to give the book context however I don't think that this is needed. For my experimentations I am going to look at removing the typography element of the front cover so that the 'imagery' speaks for itself. 

Digital Experiments:






Final Design:


Through a feedback session it was discussed that the title of the book is not needed as the design is bold enough to stand on its own without needing text along side. It was suggested that the title of the book could be placed on the back cover instead. This is something that I am going to experiment with in the design. The final design was chosen as it is not specific to one colour (or four) as it demonstrates the spectrum of CMYK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment