Monday 6 November 2017

OX Understanding and Sketches

The book I chose to create a cover for is Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman. Although this could be an obvious choice and therefore chosen by a number of other entries, it is a book that I have not read and can therefore add a fresh approach to the production. 
From completing the competition last year I think that it is important to read the book and produce a response that is informed by the story. As a first time reader of this book, I will be able to identify key moments from the book that will stand out to the reader. 

Initial Sketches:




After completing the sketches, it was evident that there are a number of 'obvious' responses to be made. These are likely to be themes that are to be seen in large numbers in the submission of the competition and are therefore something I wish to avoid. It is also important to ensure that the design is unique and has not been seen before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment